Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It needs ink cartridge. I have purchased all colors, but I…

Customer Question
It needs ink cartridge...

It needs ink cartridge. I have purchased all colors, but I don't know how to determine which one or ones are dry.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF2630

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF2630?

Approximately one week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have no idea.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know which printer ink to replace.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/6/2017
Technician: Ruben G., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Ruben G.
Ruben G., Computer Support Specialist
On your computer, click the “Properties” or “Preferences” button to access your Epson printer's settings and controls. Click the “Maintenance” tab and then click the icon next to Epson Status Monitor. Your printer's ink levels graphic appears under the heading “Ink Levels.” This should tell you which cartridge to replace. Click the “OK” button to close Epson Status Monitor.
I have clicked on System Preferences but I see nothing about Epson nor do I see a maintenance tab.
The Properties or Preference would be in the Epson software, not Sytem Preference. Do you have Epson printer software installed?
I have no idea. I did not install it. Done by someone who is not at this address. I see no reason why I should be charged for something that should have been included in your Guide Book.
It is getting late, and obviously, you have no intention of assisting me without me paying more money. This is a real scam. I cannot stay up for up to another four hours.

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your printer. I intend to resolve your question.

Since you are unable to access the printer software, you can check the status of your ink cartridges using your printer's LCD screen. On your printer...

1. Press the up or down arrow button to select Setup and press the OK button.
  2. Select Ink Levels and press the OK button.

The screen should resemble something to the attached.

Note: The display is different depending on which ink cartridges are low or expended, if any. Displayed ink levels are approximate.

This should tell you which cartridges are empty and need replacing.

I went to the printer screen but it did not give me the info you noted. It just talked about me being on WIFI.

Let's give your computer software another try. Sounds like you are on a Mac.

You can check your cartridge status using a utility on your Mac.

1. In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences again.
  2. Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners
  3. Select Epson
  4. Select Options & Supplies
  5. Select Utility
  6. Select Open Printer Utility
  7. Select EPSON Status Monitor

This should show you printer cartridge status on your computer.

WOW! All this to finally find out that it is the yellow ink that is low. THANK YOU, ***** *****
No worries. Glad I was able to assist.
Now I just have to figure out how to get the printer to stop with the cartridges In the position so I can install the new one.
Lifting the scanner unit will automatically position the ink cartridges in the center, allowing you to access them and replace them as needed.
GUESS WHAT. IT DOESN'T STAY IN THE CENTER.
Are you able to lift the Scanner unit lid up/open? Does the cartridge tray zip to the center while open?
No, it zips to the left and back and forth once or twice and then goes back to the right where it is unaccessable.
Okay. I give up tonight. I can't stay up any longer.
I understand. Let me know when I can further assist you. In the meantime, please feel free to accept my original answer to your “checking ink cartridges” question. Thank you!
I’m sorry but I still must be doing something wrong because it won’t stay in The center where I can access it.
That is a mystery as it is not performing as it should. Try opening Scanner unit then power off the unit as the ink cartridge tray moves to an accessible position, causing it to stop.
Ruben G.
Ruben G.
Ruben G., Computer Support Specialist