Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson XT-410 has stopped communicating with my macbook…

Customer Question
My Epson XT-410 has...

My Epson XT-410 has stopped communicating with my macbook pro.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XT-410?

About a week.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

Jo1017? Don't understand.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know how the computer is connected to the printer, is it using USB cable or WiFi?

The computer and the printer are both connected to our WiFi network.

Can I have the Operating System of the Macbook? Is it a high sierra, Sierra? so that we can go ahead and install the driver.

It’s Sierra version 10.12.6
I thought I had reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t work. Not sure why it quit working because it works for the last year.

Please try this following steps given below for removing the printer completely from the computer.

1. Click the Apple logo at the top of the screen and select "System Preferences."

2. Select "Print & Scan" in the Hardware section. A list of printers with drivers installed on your computer appears on the left side of the Print & Scan window.

3. Click the printer you want to remove from the computer to highlight it.

4. Click the "-" button below the list of printers to remove the printer information from the list.

5. Close the "Print & Scan" window.

6. Click the "Finder" icon in the dock and select your hard drive in the menu on the left side of the window.

7. Click "Library," "Printers," "PPDs," "Contents," and "Resources." A list of the printer drivers on your Mac appears.

8. Click and drag the name of your printer model's driver into the trash can in your dock.

9. Press and hold the "Control" button on your keyboard while clicking the trash can icon in the dock and select "Empty Trash."

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Done. What next?

Now try adding the printer in the computer either by reinstall the driver on the printer or Manually, you acn find the instructions below for adding the printer.

1. Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Double-click on Print & Scan (Print & Fax).
  3. In the Print & Scan (Print & Fax) window, click on the plus sign button.
  4. Click on the IP tab in the Print Browser window.
    • For Address, enter the IP address of the printer you want to add. IP addresses of MSL printers are available on the printer list.
    • Leave the Queue field blank. The Name and Location fields are for your reference to keep track of your printers and differentiate between multiple ones.
    • For Print Using, do not select Generic Postscript Printer. OS X will try to locate an appropriate driver but if it cannot then It is recommended to download the correct driver from the manufacturer. Click on the name of the printer on the printer list to be taken to the manufacturer's driver download page.
  5. Click Add. The lab printer will be added to your list of printers.
Yay!!! It workrd!
Thank you, ***** ***** all your help!!!

That sounds great, thank you for updating. Is there anything else I may assist you today?

No. You’ve been great!

Thank you so much. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!