Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

EPSON XP-830. All functions from computer (Windows 10) to…

Customer Question
EPSON XP-830. All...

EPSON XP-830. All functions from computer (Windows 10) to printer over WiFi working fine. However, when I select "Scan to Computer (PDF)", under Select Computer, the screen says "USB Connection" (I don't know why), and when I hit "Start", it immediately comes back with "Communication error. Check if a computer is connected."

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your XP-830 when you try to scan?

If WiFi is set up, why is it asking for USB connection?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just did a download today - did not make a difference. Only had the computer for a few months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Actually yes, I have not been able to get a photo file to print to cassette 1 (which holds the 4x6 photo paper).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

Have you been able to scan via the wifi connection before?