Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am on my 4th black ink cartridge and i hardly use this…

Customer Question
I am on my...

I am on my 4th black ink cartridge and i hardly use this machine. i think i did something wrong loading it initially. where do i go from here?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Wf3640

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No and yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have opened door above cartridges

What is the error message that you see?

Out of ink

How old is the printer?

1 yr

Over or under a year old?

would have to find paperwork.
Any difference in 252 and 252-1 ink cartridges?

Yes, the 252-I is the initial ink that needs to be inserted when you first get the printer then it can be replaced by the 252

We’re ok there

If the printer is not recognizing the cartridge then it is actually an internal issue with the print head.

If it is under a year old then it can be repaired under warranty.

Bought it in March 2016 w/2yr plan. Am taking it to the geeks where I bought it. Thank you for your help

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.