Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting a message on my printer..."you will be unable…

Customer Question
Please help. I keep...

Please help. I keep getting a message on my printer..."you will be unable to print soon. visit....hpinstantink.com. Gabriel Martyn,433 Penhill Drive, Swindon, Wilts....HP Office Jet 6950.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Thank you for that extraordinary speedy response.Answer connected by USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not since I bought the printer and connected about3months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Please check whether my account is in order and bank debits are in place.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I will not know whether the printer is operating correctly until I print a page and then check whether I get the same message
"your printer will stop working......

Ok, try to print a page and tell me how it then functions please

Thank you Richard, but no thanks. Two reasons..1 I thought I was contacting the HP company and not a private business.
2. This is a new machine and if I do have some thing wrong, it should be dealt with under the guarantee. Many thanks for your help. I look forward to the £5 refund
Once again many thanks..Gabruiel Martyn