Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Officejet 6700 Premium Print Fax Scan Copy will not…

Customer Question
My HP Officejet 6700...

My HP Officejet 6700 Premium Print Fax Scan Copy will not print and has come up with a message: Ox61011bed, Can it be fixed

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes. I have turned it off and then on several times

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm not sure how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No It is a wonderful printer, good concise printing all the time and it just stopped not long after I replaced an ink cartridge

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This message indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

I followed your instructions and since plugging the printer back in and now I have released the power on button nothing is happening The printer is just dead. How do I get the printer back
Are you sure you will be able to fix it,
Please advise me. I have just paid $46 and have not got it fixed

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

This is a printer hardware issue, it cannot be fixed remotely.

Please complete the above reset process once more, making sure the cords are all tightly connected, and let me know the results.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

John, Computer Science Engineer