Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When setting up my new HP laptop, I entered an incorrect…

Customer Question
When setting up my...

When setting up my new HP laptop, I entered an incorrect email address. Trying to set up Microsoft office with product key, How do I change the email address on my account to my correct email address?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

HP touch with windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

All updates have been done. Loaded a couple of games and Adobe Acrobat. Trying to set up excel, word, powerpoint, one note from purchased software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how do I change my account to my correct email address

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 7 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below reply box to post your response

Let me know when you are ready

Seems you are offline..

Here's the procedure to correct your account

1: Login into Windows account.

2: Click Start and type manage your account on search window
It searches and finds you Manage your account section > Click on it

3: On Account section > Click option "sign in with a Local Account instead"
Enter system password ***** prompts

This helps system to set account locally. Once Windows account is switched locally, sign out then sign in back.

Now you have logged in locally

5: Once sign in > Goto Account section
(Click Start and type "Manage your account" without quotes on search window
It searches and finds you manage your account section > Click on it)
6: This time choose "sign in with Microsft Account Instead"

You will have to verify account. Once done you can successfully login via online account

Let me know that works

awaiting reply

Thank You

(Request you to rate my service if everything seems fine. You can rate by clicking above stars (top right))

Got to the sign in Microsoft page. Clicked on it and asks for email addresss. Do I use the correct email address or the one that is incorrect?

Yes, you have enter correct email address

Too tired and frustrated to continue tonight. Will try again tomorrow. All I want to do is correct an email address on the Microsoft account so I can register and activate my office software I purchased

Don't get frustrated...

If you are fine, i will start a remote session and fix the issue tomorrow.

Let me know when you are back

Thank You

Sorry. Needed to be away for a couple. How do I sign on to my Microsoft account?

ok..

Can i start remote session

Let me know you chat from problematic computer

You may download and run secure remote tool from below link

Click here to download

Double click file after download

Is this done...

Not interested in spending any more dollars. Feel I was not informed of cost past 5 dollars. You also appear not to comprehend what the problem is. You did not resolve anything.

Has issue resolved?

No but I will take care of it with someone I can talk to in person.

Just one more:

Do you wish to continue with the initial cost ($26) without paying for remote desktop session

Which means without paying any more money