Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP 5520 which has problems printing -

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP 5520 which has problems printing - inconsistently, sometimes it prints ok, sometimes it takes a long tome and sometimes it only does part of a document

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

The printer worked - however the problem has been that inconsistently, the printer doesn't work - or works slowly and stops part way through. How do I know this won't happen again?

The short answer is: You won't know until it happens again or by giving it time but the good news is that you can come back here anytime and you won't be charged again.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Should the printer have a software upgrade?

Do you mean a firmware upgrade?

Don't know what you mean by firmware
All I know is that the printer is about 5 years old and someone suggested that it may need an upgrade
My email said that you responded to my last statement - but there is no response
Do I need an upgrade?

No, please try using the printer now and see if it works.