Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson XP-810 printer will copy OK, but will not print…

Customer Question
My Epson XP-810 printer...

My Epson XP-810 printer will copy OK, but will not print documents from my computer. It prints, but is not dark enough to be readable.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your XP-810: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I thought it was up to date

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/5/2017
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 7 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

it prints copies from the printer itself ok but when it prints the same type of document from the computer it is too light?

check first that you do not have it set to use photo paper or photo quality on the print preferences when you go to print. glossy paper needs less ink because it is not absorbed. so if you have the printing set to use photo paper and use normal paper it will print very light

otherwise can you please check on a very similar document. ie either color or black and white text or pictures. but see if the same type of document prints differently when copied or when printed. You can even try copying a document and then scanning the same document to the computer and then printing it from the scan on the computer. i ask because it may also be one of the inks is clogged. and it is the black ink say and you are printing text from the computer but copying color pictures it will look like the printer is bad but its the ink. you just werent using that ink on the copy.

I can text you or even get you my phone number for a phone call even remote in to fix it with you. but they require an additional charge.

thanks

None of that applies. Ink is ok and paper is correct.