Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Pixmel Printer. It will not print or copy. The ink…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a Pixmel Printer. It will not print or copy. The ink is fairly new. The paper goes through as if it is printing, but no ink is on paper. It does not work from the computer or if I just want to copy. I went through maintenance and cleaned everything.. I also turned it off to start again.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No error messages. The paper comes out as if everything worked- just no ink on paper.

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

New ones. I took them out and back also

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer is not here, It is in my classroom. Were you going to connect to my printer?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I am no longer in the office. I did unplug it today and waited a few minutes, but not ten. What does the ten minutes do?
I am no longer in the office. I kept trying to connect while in the office, but, the website would not work. So, what are some things I can do tomorrow. Everything appears to be working except that the ink is not reaching the paper. I went through the maintenance ect.
Are you going to answer my question?

Hi there

Sorry about the delay, I was not online when you replied.

If you have done this already and it did not help then please

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Richard, Technician