Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer paper jam error, have removed all the paper, still…

Customer Question
Printer paper jam error...

Printer paper jam error, have removed all the paper, still getting error on WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know - printer worked fine yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Also low on black ink, but printer won't let me replace till paper jam error fixed

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/4/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Did paper stop inside the printer at any point, or is this a 'fake paper jam' message, with no paper stopping in the printer?

If the interior is quite clear of paper scraps of any size, however small (and blowing out the printer may free any fluff or fine scraps that might remain and catch the eye of a paper presence sensor) then I suggest this:

- unplug the printer while it is ON, from the power.

- leave it that way for at least 20 minutes, to cool down, rest, and reset.

- after that time or longer, plug it in to the power again. Turn it On if necessary. Let it initialize.

- Does that cure the paper jam error? it might. Let me know, if it does or doesn't, please. (If the error persists, please tell me the exact and full literal text of the error message showing on the printer, also.)