Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer led says: error scanning unit (printer cover) is…

Customer Question
The printer led says...

The printer led says : error scanning unit (printer cover) is open

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Pixma mp760

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Unable to use for a month

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It was updated recently. i am on windows 10

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/5/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you