Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error 031008 I have done everything in this thread 3-times.

Customer Question
Error 031008 I have...

Error 031008 I have done everything in this thread 3-times

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, it will not go past that error on boot up

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

We tried today, but not sure if it made it thru

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Epson WF-4720 printer (6 months old). Will not go past the "Problem with your printer"
error code 031008 screen. We have cleaned the print heads manually, restarted multiple times, changed the cartridges etc.
12/5/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Sorry but I cannot see the thread you are referring to

Please tell me in addition to

We have cleaned the print heads manually, restarted multiple times, changed the cartridges etc.

What you have tried

Thank you

We have done everything it tells us to do. Change cartridges, clean print head, restart, unplug -hold the power button for 60 seconds-replug etc. And still we cannot get past the 031008 message.
no -on the remote fix please

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

ok
I had it off all night. When I just now turned it on, it said the "print head nozzle needed to be cleaned" and I pressed "ok", then it went back to the error message 031008
it won't let me past that screen

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I didn't mention, but I already did all of that yesterday. With q-tips etc, the whole deal. You want me to do it again??

I only saw you cleaned it which is most peoples idea of just wiping it down a but, but you did the full clean as per my instructions? Exactly as I indicated?

it was spelled out in that thread you couldn't read

There are millions of threads around there is no way I could know which you mean which is what I informed at the start.

So I am just being thorough as opposed to guessing, I am sorry if this frustrated you but I would rather provide a complete serivce then make any assumptions.

If this was done then It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, can you tell me why I started this just after 4pm and I didn't hear from you 'til this morning (12) hours later.

I came on within minutes of answering you, I cannot see sorry why someone else did not answer you sooner, we are independent experts here and have no insight into each other, I am sorry you had a wait but I answered you as soon as I saw the question.

Please note when you are rating you are rating me personally and not the website

Okay, fair enough, but the site promised a reply in 30 minutes -guaranteed or money back.

The money back is if you are not satisfied

So you want a refund? and not pay me for the service?

It's not you that I am objecting to. It is the service guarantee that wasn't met.

I am not sure what you want me to say

The failure to get you my message isn't mine, and it isn't yours. It is JustAnswer's.

ok, please direct your complaint to just answer.

I understand you do not wish to pay, that is your choice, but please direct these complaints to them

thank you

ok

Richard, Technician