Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brothers 8710 MFC..just hooked up fax line to

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a Brothers 8710 MFC..just hooked up fax line to machine last week....did fax in and out to confirm working...now, when I fax out I'm getting an error message that says NG: Poor line condition/out of memory?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Brother printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

On all outgoing print jobs only

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The faxes in and out worked last week....but faxes out are the only issue today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/4/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That might mean either a fault in the line service, or a fault in the Brother machine.

Check the line, by making a call to a voice phone or your cell phone from the Brother machine (if you have a handset on that model), or just do a fax to your cell phone as a test... see whether the call goes through to the cell phone, and whether it sounds OK on the line, or whether there is static, noise, hiss, buzz, etc. on the line.

If the problem is only happening with one destination fax number, you may have a case where there is a problem at the other end, since that is also possible. Try a different fax number, if you can, and if you haven't already had the problem with more than one number today.

Let me know, and I will suggest other things to do, as appropriate, depending on results of the above.