Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I downloaded Microsoft's update for Windows ten now my

Customer Question
I downloaded Microsoft's update...

I downloaded Microsoft's update for Windows ten now my printer want work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Officejet 4500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just since I downloaded the Microsoft update.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The only thing I updated was the Microsoft update for Windows ten and that was two or three days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did try to deleate this printer and then reinstall it but couldn't find my origional disc.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/4/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.Let me know when this is done.

Done
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know how is the printer connected to your computer.

Is it through WiFi or through usb?

I do not want anyone connecting to my computer.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Kindly ignore the remote access message that is automatically generated by the website and I have no control over it.

Do you know the answer to my problem?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

The probable solution for this problem is we could try to uninstall and reinstall the printer software on your computer and that will fix the issue mostly.

OK
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Alright, How is the printer connected to your computer now?

By line
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Alright,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-g510/3919445/model/3919447

Please go to the above link and download the HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer G510a-f Full Feature Software and Driver

And install it on your computer.

Let me know when this is done.

I installed it but get a message when I try to print Microsoft can't print due to setup not being correct.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Did it recognized the printer when you installed it?

It shows the printer as being one of the printers I can use. I highlighted it and tried to print and got the message "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup."
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Try to once shut down your computer completely and turn it back on.

If I do that how will I get back to you?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

You can log in to just answer again with your credentials, and we can start from where we left the session.

I rebutted but it still want print. I did note it says there are two documents ready to print but they are offline.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Try to go to the options printers and scanners on your computer.

And delete your printer .

After that is completed click on add a printer and check if you could find yours.

The printer is not listed
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Click on add a printer

It says I can add a printer
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, please do that.

It can't find my printer
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

And I believe the USB is still plugged in from the computer to the printer right?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

In that case, I may have to troubleshoot this issue remotely.

Wherein I can check what is the exact issue going on here.

Is that okay for you?

Thanks for your help but not at this time.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

In that case, I will open this case for other experts

Technician: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 4 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

First you have to uninstall your printer under Print Server Properties

Click on the Drivers tab, look for your HP 4500,

Select Remove Driver Only

Select OK

Click Apply and OK under the Print Server Properties window.

Close Devices and Printers.

Then select your printer and reinstall it back.

Also make sure once you install printer back that your driver is updated (go to the HP website and make sure they are update).

good Morning did you still need help?

cvd4311
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst