Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an epson w3640 and w3540. My wife bought cheap ink…

Customer Question
I have an epson w3640...
I have an epson w3640 and w3540. My wife bought cheap ink cartridges and now the print heads don't clean properly using the printer cleaning routine in the printer menu. Is there something I can do to get the printers to print properly again.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/4/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you seeing lines or smudges when you try to print?

Please let me know

Smuges, light print, sometimes only the top of the characters print

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Ok.., I’ll try that this afternoon

Thank you

There is no difference... what’s next... how do I flush the print heads please
Hello?
How do I cancel just answer and get my money back... clearly if I don’t pay an extra $39 I’m not going to get an answer while I’ve actually set aside time to address my problem

HI there

The additional service is optional, it is not needed and you can ignore it. I was not online when you replied as it was many hours after our interaction.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I cleaned it up with qtips and alcohol and dried it. The black is a bit better maybe... the other there colors don’t print during the nozzle and alignment tests at all. The black prints the bars on the left and right sections fine but the top 5 bars don’t print properly for the nozzle test
Richard, Technician