Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer indicated cartridges depleted, replaced only black…

Customer Question
Printer indicated cartridges depleted...

Printer indicated cartridges depleted, replaced only black cartridge and printer will not print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP Officejet Pro 8610

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Depleted cartridges must be replaced.....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

We only want to print in black.....why do we have to replace all cartridges (including color) to just print in black???

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/3/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately what you are wanting to do is simply not possible, which is by design. You’ll find this to be the case with most all inkjet printers, and for good reason. These printers have thousands of tiny nozzles on the printhead, some for each color, and if any cartridge is low or empty, even just when printing other nearby colors, those nozzles will overheat, causing permanent damage to the printer. All of the inks are also necessary for normal maintenance operations of the printer such as purging and cleaning which are done automatically. For these reasons, the printer will lock out access to any function until all cartridges are available for use. You cannot print even just in a single color without all of them available. To proceed, you will have to replace the empty cartridges.

You may order a set of color cartridges here: http://amzn.to/2BIrzpI

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.