Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer has a problem....for the past several weeks, the…

Customer Question
Hello, my printer has...

Hello, my printer has a problem....for the past several weeks, the maintenance of the printer head needed to be done because the black ink would not print. I now thought to unistall the program and now I am unable to find the program to reinstall it. Never the less, I just bought it in May of this year. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

By a chord from my hp laptop to the printer...wifi for the hp connection ink program...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I am not sure, but I have uninstalled the hp printer info and was looking for the program to reinstall as it was always failing to load the maintenance to clean the head over and over...I am frustrated...I cant print.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought you were that person. What do I need to go to someone else?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/3/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
OK, you have a printer that is connected by a cable to the computer, and you need to reinstall the printer's programs and drivers.

Please tell me two things vital to my advising you and directing you to the right things to do:

1: what maker name (e.g. Canon or HP or Epson or Lexmark etc.) is the printer, and what is the printer's model also?

2: what Windows is on your HP laptop, please?

Reply To Expert, let me know, and I will instruct you as to exactly what to do.

1. hp officejet pro 6968 (this is what is printed on the printer) but on the setup it was 69602. windows 10
No thank you. You do not need to go any further, I have found on my own in the meantime of updating and installing the proper program for my printer. So you can close this ticket. This is only a $5.99 fee, correct?

OK, so far so good. Thank you for responding with the requested information.

To get the software and drivers you need... OK, I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

goodbye and thank you anyway

Goodbye. Have a good day.