Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon MP610 message: "some printing functionality is not…

Customer Question
Canon MP610 message: "some...

Canon MP610 message: "some printing functionality is not currently available"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MP610

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

One day

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not recently but no printing problems until now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer color also has been off lately (in case that's a related issue)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/3/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me first, in Reply To Expert, whether that error message has appeared on the printer's own screen? or has it appeared on the computer's screen?

(And, if on the computer's screen, then please tell me whether you have an Apple computer or a Windows PC - and I will advise you, in either case.)

Computer screen
macbook

OK, that's different. Is the Canon printer on a USB cable direct to the MacBook (I doubt it, but is it?) or is it on a WiFi networked connection?

USB. I checked the cable connection. Also was just able to print a document off my desktop. I'm trying to print a page from a PDF document on an inserted disc. Could the copyright somehow be blocking this?

Perhaps, but I doubt it. What app, or what program window, are you viewing the PDF in, that you are trying to print the PDF from? (It's best to view the PDF file first in a program, before sending it to print - if you need that basic advice.)

Was able to print the document from downloaded pdf.

Good. So the error message about some functions, seems to have been a temporary problem, hopefully.

Now, it might also relate to the printer not being on a networked connection - some functions work only over a network, though those are normally not important functions, for this sort of printer. Not something you really need, in short.

Would you be needing any further help?

If 'no', would you be willing to close the case, by rating my work and my efforts to help with this problem?

How do I get out of this site? I agreed to pay $5, which was to be refunded if I was satisfied. Why did I get an email saying I my credit card was charged $33?

Would you be willing to rate my work, to get out of this case and close it out?

I regret to say that I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Thanks. I'm done. Just got customer service to refund the ridiculous charges.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. (A rating for my work, perhaps?)

No thanks

OK. Have a nice day.