Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon Mx922 will not print....I have followed directions…

Customer Question
My canon Mx922 will...

My canon Mx922 will not print....I have followed directions and turned off and on....I have opened and do not see any paper stuck....what can I do now...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pixma Mx922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just this time...always worked before but It has not worked for several days and I keep trying to do the same thing....the advice that comes up on screen

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/4/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Depending upon the message on the screen, you may need to blow out the paper path with air, or you may need to have the printer service-repaired, or replaced.

A part may be broken... but, if the last time (or if sometime in recent times) the paper tore when jammed in the printer and removed from it, then you need to clean out the paper path very thoroughly.

If the paper isn't feeding into the printer and thus causing a jam message, a roller cleaning procedure might be needed:

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.
Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.

Let me know how it goes - I will offer further advice and help, as needed.