Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can't remember how to change ink cartridges. When I open up…

Customer Question
Can't remember how to...

Can't remember how to change ink cartridges. When I open up the, the cartridges stay hidden.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

XP446

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes I can open the lid but the cartridges stay to the right and I can't get them to move out to where I can replace the cartridge.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Thank you,

cartridges do not slide where I can reach them.

It should slide over after you prompt the ink change through the menu

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.