Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to print from iPad with airprinter app. The

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to print from iPad with airprinter app. The printing product comes out as if I had doible vision.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I looked this afternoon on my Pc. Everythin was find and it printed ok from PC which of course isn’t wireless

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Before the double vision effect, it printed twice on the same line evry 2 or 3lines. I erased the app and just reinstalled it but now I get the doible vision

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/3/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

What is the make and model of your printer?

Canon 3100 series

Is it Canon Pixma MG3122?

No thank you. No one go on my device since somebody saying they were going to help got into my PC and messed me up. By the way, you said it would be $5 butyou charge my paypal $28.00. Is this another ripp-off?

The remote option is optional. It is not sent by me. It's sent by the site. If you don't want to take the remote offer then you can ignore it.

We have a very transparent remote support service, you can see everything I do on the screen, and you can stop any time using your mouse. And we have an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Never mind. I am not paying another $39 when I have already been charged $28.00 for nothing.

Don't worry if your problem doesn't get resolved. You can ask for a refund.

Is it a Canon Pixma MG3122?

No it’s a 3100
I can’t wait and have to go to bed.

Could you please recheck the model number and let me know?

I am not able to find the 3100 in the Canon data base.

We need to update the firmware for your printer.

Sorry for the long delay taken to answer you’
My printer is a canon MG3100 series.

Please go to this link: Firmware Download

Then download and install the AirPrint Firmware Updater.

Thank you for putting up with me. I did download the airprint that you gave me. It installed but now, something is wrong with the printer itself. When I try to print, the cartridges go all the way to the left and stay there and nothing happens. I give up. I’ll take it to Office Depot tomorrow and see if it can be salvaged. Thank you for your help