Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother MFC-J410W printer and I am trying to scan a…

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother MFC-J410W printer and I am trying to scan a document wirelessly to my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MFC-J410W when you try to scan?

It says "check Connection"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Probably quite a while - can you walk me through that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/3/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Windows 10. They are connected through a wireless network.
is anyone still there?

Please go to the link below, download and install Windows Scan App.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/p/windows-scan/9wzdncrfj3pv

Then, try scanning using Windows Scan App. Either open it from Start button -> All Apps -> Scan or search for Scan App in Cortana.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!