Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer error has occurred, Unplug power cord, contact

Customer Question
Second opinion] Printer error...

Second opinion] Printer error has occurred , Unplug power cord, contact service center. Office is closed so here I am. B200 on top of msg. I have MX892

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

PIXMA MX892

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Last successful print was yesterday, then got the error msg. I have unplugged power cord and then plugged it back in and turned on, same msg. Also sound different.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Small flashing lite lower right side of control panel. Also copy lite is flashing.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/2/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty - Saturday work and a printer not working too, I mean.

B200 is, from my experience, not a hopeful sign at all, really. If you have another printer that can serve the needs of your weekend work, consider switching to it. (Let me know about that aspect, if you need any advice.)

B200 indicates a jam, more or less.... (typing in more details, will post in a minute or two...)

That's more or less a printhead error or cartridge carriage jam sort of error.

Was a cartridge recently replaced? or just a few minutes ago, replaced? if so, which color?

Unplug the printer from the power (without turning it OFF...)

Leave the printer unplugged from the power for at least 10 minutes, or longer.

Then plug it back in, turn it On if necessary, wait for it to initialize, see whether the error message recurs, let me know how it went, please. I will advise you further as needed.

Thanks for your reply. I'm new at this (JustAnswer) and I guess my followup to why I rated the original reply only 2 stars has not been addressed. Briefly I would like to know how to do the items addressed in the first reply. How do I get back to Shefin for answer to my followup question?

To get back to Shefin (I'm Expert Russell H. taking care of your Second Opinion request) you go to that question page here:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/audzg-printer-error-occurred-unplug-power-cord-contact.html

and to communicate with me, Russell H., you go to this page:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/auecv-printer-error-occurred-unplug-power-cord-contact.html

If the procedure I recommended did not clear the error message, nor did it at least change the error message, then your printhead and/or your printer is probably 'broken', or gone bad and in need of either service-repairing or replacing, as you choose.

If the printer is over 4 years old, replacement of it is probably best - a printer that old does not respond well in the long run, even when repair-servicing is done on it.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

This was my first use of Just Answer and I have had a good bit of difficulty in using the web site. It was not my intention to request a second expert and I don't wish to evaluate your answer because what I tried to do was give feedback to my original expert (Shefin), finally did make contact with Shefin and received the information that I requested and I feel my problem was solved by my first expert. Sorry you became involved.

I think I understand: you requested a second opinion (i.e. to get work from two Experts on the same problem), but did not mean it that way owing to some inexperience with the JustAnswer system.

I'm glad your problem was solved, by whatever means. Please enjoy your day, and thank you for asking your question here.