Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently had a new modem installed for our internet

Customer Question
I recently had a...

I recently had a new modem installed for our internet service and now the printer wont work. I suspect I need to change the port but don't know how to do it. can you help me

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I believe it was updated about a month ago when my OS? system was updated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I have a pixma450 printer. Had a problem finding a port initially when I got the printer two years ago

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/2/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

modem is Xfinity dual band wifi 802.11ac
no security connect please

Thank you for the update. I asked for the model name, but you gave me the type of modem. May I ask for the model name?

XB3 ?

What's the brand name of the modem?

XfinityTechnicolor ?
Model DPC3941T

Thank you for the update. At this point, you must reconnect the printer to the new wireless signal. Have you already done this?

Printer was working until modem switch. DO I just uninstall and reinstall the printer myself?

You must reconnect the printer to the new modem's wireless signal now.

The instructions are found on the third page of the following document: http://c.shld.net/assets/docs/spin_prod_830003612.pdf

Follow the instructions on that page to reconnect the printer to the signal.

If you wish, you can choose to reinstall the printer software also.

Please, keep me updated.