Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have changed the ink twice and it still says that the

Customer Question
I have changed the...

I have changed the ink twice and it still says that the EPSON220 cartridges are not recognized

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

WF-2630

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The error message on the printer screen is that the ink cartridges are not recognized and yes I can open the lid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot get it to connect to the internet either by wireless or USB

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/2/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

This is a brand new printer and has not printed anything, has can there be ink on the contacts?

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Have you removed the yellow tape from the side of the cartridge? Check the instructions in the link below and make sure that you are installing the cartridges properly.

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CE36201~faq-268038

Thank you.

Did that and it still says the cartridges are not recognized. the whole *&^$%^* machine is being returned today and I am cancelling my Just Answer subscription