Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Receiving error message indicating that print head is

Customer Question
Receiving error message...

Receiving error message indicating that print head is missing, not installed properly

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Printer model 7520, have never updated software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer fails to operate

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Still not operating. Error message remains the same

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

completed your directions. still receiving same message on print head. printer continues not to operate.

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you