Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Purchased a new Canon to replace the one that has problems.

Customer Question
Purchased a new Canon...

Purchased a new Canon to replace the one that has problems. Exact same printer, but can't find an installation disk or the IP address for it. Company has had it a little while and I just started. The old one is not printing good copies.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Image Class

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Not sure. there is a bad roller in the one we are using. Just make copies on the other on, because no one knows how to hook it to network

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/1/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What computer are you using ? Apple Mac or windows PC ?

What is the model number of the printer ?

Windows PC
Serial# *****
IC:498D-F158002

First, connect the printer to your WiFi network.

Turn on the Printer.

In the Home screen, click the Setup button.

Select Device Settings

Select LAN Settings (if you see Wireless LAN Setup on home screen, then select it)

Select Wireless LAN Setup > Standard Setup. This will find your WiFI network. Select it and enter the password ***** your WiFi network. This will connect the printer to your WiFi network.

Then on your computer, go to this website --> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-mf5880dn?tab=drivers_downloads

Download and install the "[Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF5880dn MFDrivers (UFR II / PCL / FAX / ScanGear)"

and

[Windows 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan (Windows 8/8.1/10)

Once you did that, you need to add it to your computer. To do that, Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Right click on your printer name and click Remove Device. This is to delete the old printer.

Then click Add Printer and add the new printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Please send this to***@******.***
Cannot open on my work computer

Done. You can open this question on your computer as well by going www.justanswer.com

My day is done. I will try this on Monday. Thanks for your help.

No problem. Have a good day !

You sent me a video and that is not the Canon we have

It was just a sample video. On your printer, press Menu, use the arrow keys to scroll and do you see Device Settings or Network Settings or LAN Settings?

I see none of those. Don't know where else to look. All of the settings I can find are for language, paper size, copy info, etc.

I will check again and let you know

Can you confirm the model number again please ?

Here is what is on the plate on the rear of the machine:
Serial # GFU02773
Canon F158002
IC: 498D-F158002
US - AZDFA10BF158002
Cannot use the security connect, because of security Nationwide has on the system

Press Menu. Use arrow keys and do you see System Settings ?

I am going to lunch. Be back with you in a little while.

Ok

Under System Settings:
System Manager Info
Manager ID
Password
Manager
Steve Janofsky - Not sure who this is

It is supposed to have Network option there. I'm sorry. I'm out of ideas on this one. I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you

Thank you for all that you have done. I was not employed here at the time it was purchased, so that does not help.
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.

please
Cannot use security connect as Nationwide has security that will not accept it

I cannot find your printer from the information that you have provided. What are the make and model of your printer? The model name and number should be displayed on the front of the printer.

fROM THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDED:

Here is what is on the plate on the rear of the machine:Serial # GFU02773Canon F158002IC: 498D-F158002US - AZDFA10BF158002Cannot use the security connect, because of security Nationwide has on the system

I HAVE SEARCHED FOR IMAGECLASS 498DF AND FOUND NO SUCH MODEL NO.

ALSO, PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT:

:Cannot use security connect as Nationwide has security that will not accept it