Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a Canon PIXMAMG2522 printer.. there was not a CD…

Customer Question
I purchased a Canon...

I purchased a Canon PIXMAMG2522 printer.. there was not a CD in the box and I don't how to install the printer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I have a Dell computer Inspiron 1.5 Series 3000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your PIXMAMG2522?

I just purchased the copier and I can't grt it installed.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

Sept of this year

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/1/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Here's how to install the printer:

1. don't connect it to the computer yet. (If you have, stop here and let me know by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you as to what to do.)

2. then, go to this web page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2522/pixma-mg2522?tab=drivers_downloads

and select then Download, the

MG2522/MG2525 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)

and when downloaded, run it (run the Setup for the printer that is) and follow the directions for installing the printer and its drivers there.

If you need any directions at any point, just Reply To Expert and let me know, and I will help and instruct you further.

- If this answers your question, would you be willing to close the case by rating my answer?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)