Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says there is no paper. It is an Epson XP-810. I have put…

Customer Question
It says there is...

It says there is no paper. It is an Epson XP-810. I have put more paper in, less paper in, turned it off and back on and just can't get it to recognize that there is paper.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

IPad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-810?

On and off since I got it. Have always been able to get it to clear up by doing the things I have already done.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

In the last two weeks Using iOS 11.1.2

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/1/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

will do

Thank you

still says needs paper

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I can’t get the ink in the position to be able to remove the cartridges.

If you disconnect the power cable then connect it and power it on, does it move?

It moves but doesn’t stop in the area for removing cartridges.

when it is in the middle pull the power cable out of the wall socket then it will stop and you can access it

Cleaning finished. Now letting it air dry for 10 minutes.

Thank you

Still says it needs paper
I asked it to make a copy and it did. Then I tried to print and it says it is out of paper. “ printer error. Turn the power off and on again. For details visit Epson.com. Error code: 0xEA

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I just printed from my laptop. ????

ok, the last message you gave was it still did not print and came up with a system board error OxEA

Are you saying this was not the case?

It didn’t print from the iPad. Or iPhone. It did from the laptop.

ok, thanks for clarifying, though I am still not clear when you got the 0xEA error as that is a system board

But on the iPad and iPhones hold the home and power buttons until you see the apple logo then release.

Let them restart then try to print please

didn't work
I want a refund

You will need to go here for a refund

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Richard, Technician