Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot load replacement black inkjet cartridge. Maxify

Customer Question
Cannot load replacement black...

Cannot load replacement black inkjet cartridge

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Maxify mb2720

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Changed once before. first time I have had this problem

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The rail that the cartridges are on is not travelling the cartridge to the replacement position under the blue overhead lever

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

There is nothing else that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/1/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean you physically cannot put the cartridge in the printer? It will not fit?

Or it is not being detected?

Please let me know

Thank you

The cartridge which I wish to replace is the black cartridge in the printer. It is on the far right side of the travel rail. It will not travel from that position to achieve the position where it can be replaced with another black cartridge.
I have disconnected the power supply and reconnected it. This is a brand new system. I have not encountered this issue on other Canon or inkjet products

When you connect power to the printer, does it move when it first turns on?

Please provide some assistance to the resolution of this problem?

I did reply, but you may have missed it, I will repeat

it does move when first turned on
it then retreats and embeds in the right hand side of the rail

ok, when it is at the middle unplug the power cable from the power socket so it stops there then replace.