Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought canon t6020 printer to be able to print stuff…

Customer Question
I just bought canon...

I just bought canon t6020 printer to be able to print stuff from my iPad, as I do not own a pc. Everything was going great with the setup until I got to the part to register my printer. I keep getting a message that this printer is already registered. Can this be fixed so I am able to print with this printer, or am I going to have to return it? PLEASE HELP

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your T6020: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just bought the printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what I originally typed in first message

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/1/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

You can skip the registration and then use the printer

Let me know how you go doinf this please

I am so confused right now

Can you tell me please what is confusing you?

Ok, so I just paid money to get help from you. Can you tell me what it means that my printer is already registered? Was it previously owned? Will I be able to get this printer connected and working if it has already been registered? If I pay the money to have you connect, can you fix this problem?
Hello???
Is anyone there???

It means you have already registered it, you may have inadvertently done this, but you can now skip it and try to use the printer.

Let me know how you go doing this please.

I tried using it and it won't work. If I pay the money to connect you, can you fix this for me, Richard? I am really tired and want to get this fixed and go to bed.

Can you tell me please what exactly happens when you try to use the printer?

Where you able to complete the setup?

What error do you receive?

Please let me know

Can you send me the secure connect thing again? I want to set up from my iPad, nt my phone

I am unable to send it sorry, you need to request it to me please

everything is going to my phone
Why can’t I ask to you from my iPad??
Talk not ask, sorry

You can, you can go to this site also on your iPad. You go to www.justanswer.com and sign into your account there

Oh, ok. Going now. Thank you

thanks

I finally figured it out!! Yayyy
Ok, so how can you help me get this stupid printer working?

Ok, what is the actual issue you have when you try to print? What did you see after the registration?

I keep getting message on the printer to follow instructions on smartphone to establish connection to register printer. The printer won’t connect with my device until this step has been completed. I followed ALL instructions, but keep getting msg that printer is already registered. I tried to go ahead and print bc I thought all was ok since it was showing registered, however, I can’t print bc error msg stating there is no connection

Thanks

Have you connected the printer to your wireless network yet?

Please let me know

Thank you

Can I pay the money to have you fix it by connecting to my device?
If it can be fixed....

Thanks

now go to the app store and install the app Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY

Once installed open it and let it locate your printer.

Let me know when you have please

I did all that, TWICE
Do you want me to do it again.

Is the app installed?

Everything goes great until I get to part to register the printer and when I tap the tab showing the only printer located, it tells me the printer is already registered and I can’t go any further.

Ok good, so now in the app, open a file and try to print it please

Ok. Stand by...

thanks

Ok, so it is taking me back through the connection setup process again. I just entered router pswd

ok, once done then try to print please

Ok

thanks

how did you go?

I can’t do anything
This is so aggravating
I can’t even get to a prin5 option because of the message my printer is already registered

ok, but if it is connected now try to print, what then happens?

I Can’t. Thanks for all your help, Richard. I am exhausted and have a 5 month old baby. I need to go to bed. I will figure this out tomorrow. I just feel like I keep spinning in circles. I don’t know how many different ways to tell you I CANNOT PRINT, IT WILL NOT LET ME GO PAST REGISTRATION. I can’t keep repeating myself over and over. So, thank you for your time, but I refuse to get anymore frustrated than I already am because I feel like you’re not listening to me. When you asked me if I had installed the app, you should have already known I had by the information I was relaying to you, because I would have never gotten a message stating the printer was already registered had I not installed the app to give me the instruction to get that far. Have a great day

Hi there

No sorry I did not see you had the app installed already, this is why I asked if you did. I am also trying to know what happens when you try to print, not register

But on the iPad hold the home and power buttons until you see an apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me if it can then print please

Richard, Technician