Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RS610. It now prints with

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RS610. It now prints with random lines missing the top half. I can scan and send an example if this helps. I have operated the Head Clean system twice without any change.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

I have run it twice-I can try several more and report back. If this does not help and I need a new printer, is there one which uses the same ink cartridges-I have just ordered a new $130 set!

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No-do you have any instructions on how to do this?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No -some help will be good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Hi Shelfin, Thanks for your reply> I appreciate your courtesy, and have tried your suggestions. However, the problem remains. I have attached a scan of a page I printed today from an old file. The nature of the fault may help you to tell me the trouble, (and perhaps say that I need a new printer). Note from the original exchange with the lady who took my query, I asked if there is a currently available unit which uses the same ink cartridges

If the issue still persists even after doing all these cleanings, you may have ot replace the printhead to get the issue resolved. However, it is better to purchase a new printer instead of replacing the printhead. Replacing printhead may cost you more and another issue may arise any time since the printer is old.

I apologize that it will be difficult to find a new printer model, using the same cartridges. I would suggest you check latest Epson printers. Check the link below.

https://www.epson.com.au/

Thank you.

Thanks Shelfin-I started this enquiry thinking that I probably needed a new unit, but just checking in case there was a simple answer I was not aware of. I was not really expecting to be charged for this service, and thinking that I was dealing with Epson. However you have my card number and authorisation, and can just ask that you charge modestly for what was necessarily a very modest service by the nature of the enquiry. Regards, Ian

Please contact our customer support to get a refund. You can contact them at 1800-679-634

Thank you.

I rated the service three days ago (3 Star), and have already been charged. I expect that phoning a USA 1800 number for for a refund would be a waste of time and money