Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When printing, other images/text appear on my document. I…

Customer Question
When printing, other images/text...

When printing, other images/text appear on my document. I have tried cleaning it but that has not resolved the problem. What can be causing this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

D1370

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

A few weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I do not know if it has ever been done

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Thank you!
How can you connect to the printer? The computer I am on is not connected to this device. Would you like me to send you a sample of what the page looks like?

Remote support is for computer, if it is a software issues then, I can solve it easily by remote support, but before that I have to make sure that is a software issue and not any hardware issues.

We have several computers that use this printer. Mine is not one of them. All the computers have been updated in the last year.
All running on Windows 10

Do you face this problem when printing from every computers?

actually I was just told that this only happens when copies are made. Not when we print to it....

But, you said that when you print, you get those ghost images and text?

I must have misunderstood. I just spoke with the department and they confirmed it is only when copies are made.
It happens on faxes, when making copies from the glass and copies from the feeder.

Do you get this same things from both feeder and glass?

See, if you are getting something on incoming faxes then, it can be on the sender side because the sender is scanning the document and sending to you but if you are getting it while making copies then, it can be on your printer, please take a lint free cotton cloth and clean the scanner glass and try to make a copy and let me know.

We have already tried this several times and it did not work.

Can you send me a picture of a copied document from the glass?

I did...

You send me a picture of a incoming fax not copy.

They all look the same..
What are some solutions? What else can I do to fix this?
I am no longer at work so do not have access to another copy.

Ok, this problem can be caused by two reasons, one if the fuser unit is defective and two if the firmware is corrupt, but in most cases like this one it was seen that the problem is with the fuser unit, unfortunately you cannot replace the fuser unit at home or offce on your own, you will need help from techs to do that and the price of the fuser unit is around $130, so the total cost of the replacement can exceed or equal to the price of a new printer.

Thanks for your help. I think it may be time for a new printer.

Thanks, ***** ***** me know if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Sudipto, Engineer