Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We installed a new Epson WF 4630, after following

Customer Question
We installed a...

We installed a new Epson WF 4630, after following instructions and many hours, display says cartridges not fully charged, printer won't print, what is the next step please Pearl.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Epson WF 4630

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The message says cartridge not fully charged

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Message is this operation is invalided

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please try this: locate the 'ink drop' button on the printer's own controls and buttons.

With the printer quiescent, idle, at rest (but turned On and not in power-save mode or anything like that) press that ink-drop button firmly, for a full second, then release it.

Wait 5 minutes. You ought to hear the printer working for a while.

After that - does it now work? or is the old error message still present? or is a new error message now present? Let me know in Reply To Expert, please, and I will advise you further as to what to do, as needed.

Good morning Russell
where is the ink drop button located please

It's on the printer. I will now research where it is on your model...

OK, there's no ink drop button on this model, so you cannot charge ink that way. The thing to do with this model, is to install the cartridges firmly and properly in their places, then close the printer up, then leave it alone and wait for about 5 + minutes.

If you have been doing that for hours, and it hasn't charged ink, then:

- open the printer. Remove one cartridge at a time, re-seat it in its place until it clicks into place. Then do the same for the next one, and so forth, until all have been re-seated.

Then close up the printer. Then, wait another 10 minutes.

Then after that, check whether ink is charged or not.

If not, after that, then it may be assumed that (esp. if the cartridges in question came with the printer) you have a defective printer with some fault in the inking system. In which case, pack it up in original packaging, and return it to the vendor or store or seller, also informing the vendor or store or seller at once that they have sold you a defective printer, and that you want to return it for an exchange for another printer, in fully working condition, of the same type and value at least.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)