Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to setup my hp mfp m277 dw printer on my mac but…

Customer Question
Hi, i am trying...

Hi, i am trying to setup my hp mfp m277 dw printer on my mac but when i tell it to locate new printer it only finds hp mfp m277 dw fax? and will not print to fax.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Please advise.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

We changed internet providers, ever since, but not happening on windows computers only mac?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is the printer connected to your new WiFi network ?

38; i can print from other printers but can't setup on mac.

On your Mac, go to Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. Delete your printer from there. Then click plus button and click Add Printer. Wait 2 minutes and does it show there with type Bonjour ?

did that it still comes up with the m277 fax?

We may need to reinstall it using HP software. Go to this website --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m277-series/7089945/model/7089949

Download the "HP LaserJet Pro M277 Printer series Full Software and PCL 6 Driver"

Open the downloaded file and install it. Does it allow you to setup the printer ?

If it still not recognizing, then reset the network settings of your printer and reconnect to the new WiFi. Then try to add it back. Let me know

I am reinstalling software as we speak.
I will let you know if that works.

Thanks

Still not working but i am out of time to trouble shoot this i will continue later.
Thanx for help
Bob

Did you reset the printer network setting and reconnect to WiFI ?

Reinstalling software at this pount

Ok, let me know