Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot get the scan mode to work. I selected the scan mode…

Customer Question
I cannot get the...

I cannot get the scan mode to work. I selected the scan mode and it comes up. I selected "document" , the display window shows "usb port", I hit the start button and nothing happens?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No, I do not see one. After I hit the start button, I get "wait a few moments", but it returns to the "usb port" message in the display window

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Can't remember updating it. But I am wondering if this printer (mx492) has scan capability?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. The printer is working fine in print from my computer and copy modes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?