Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a question about a epson surelab d3000 printer. It is…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question about a epson surelab d3000 printer. It is identical to fuji dl650. Do you have info on this printer?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I am printing from a pc however my question is regarding the printhead. It is a dye printer and I find myself cleaning the printhead so much that I am wasting a ton of ink. Is this normal after 2 years of usage?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your D3000?

About 4 months now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Still running windows XP

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes how much is this answer going to cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/1/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Depending upon why you are cleaning the printhead so much - a particular problem, a repeated problem? - you might just be suffering from a poor quality of ink being fed to the printhead. If you are not using genuine OEM-original Epson ink suitable for and designed for this model of Epson printer, that might cause problems. ('Compatible' ink can be somewhat cheap, also, and somewhat defective in quality.)

Perhaps cleaning the printhead is not the only treatment, or not the right treatment, that the printer's problems deserves, and that's why it has to be done so much. So please let me know specifics of the printer problem that leads to overmuch printhead cleaning, and I will advise you further on this.