Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I reset service code SC542 "call service" on a Ricoh…

Customer Question
How do I reset...

How do I reset service code SC542 "call service" on a Ricoh SP6330N printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Various, it's a networked printer in our office. I just replaced the fuser as part of the maintenance kit. I tried putting the old fuser back in to see if it would clear the message, but everything I've read online says I have to physically clear the code.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your SP6330N?

The last 10 minutes since I replaced the fuser.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

That has nothing to do with the error light/message that is physically appearing on the printer itself.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I was able to print to it this morning before I installed the maintenance kit and then after installing the kit the error message I mentioned previously appeared.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 4 days by:
12/5/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No, I thought I had already cancelled this request. I found the answer elsewhere as I needed to resolve the issue that day to get the printer back up and running. Can you please refund the charge to my c/c.