Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I make a copy, there are some lines across the copy and…

Customer Question
When I make a...

When I make a copy, there are some lines across the copy and these is a light double impression. What do I need to clean to prevent this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Aticio 1013

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

The last 6 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

As far as I know it has never been done

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Good morning! Just to recap, you're having double image and black lines on copies, is that correct?

For the black lines, are they when using the document feeder or when you are using the glass surface?

You can respond in the white chat box below.

Are you still online? I just needed some quick clarification on your original questions. Thank you!

no
I just need to know what parts on my copies to clean to eliminate the lines and shadows

That's what I wanted to clarify. If you used the document feeder, I can explain how to clean that. If you use the glass and the black lines happen, then I can explain what to do then. But, I'll go ahead and tell you for both. It'll take me a few minutes to type up a response.

There are a few things that we could clean to maintain the machine. I just wanted to provide one more extra thing that could be a cause for the double image.

First thing to try is to adjust the image density.

• Press the {Lighter} or {Darker} key to adjust the image density.
    • This could help with the light double image if it is too dark of a setting.

For the cleaning portion:

• Wipe the machine with a soft, damp cloth. Then wipe it with a dry cloth to remove the water.
  • Do not use chemical cleaner or organic solvent such as thinner or benzene. If they get into the machine or melt plastic parts, a failure might occur.

Places to clean:

• Exposure glass - use information from above to wipe down the glass. This could help with the double image if the glass is a bit dirty.
  • Exposure glass cover - before closing the lid, clean this as well since this is probably dirty too.
  • Document feeder tray - lift up the flap and wipe the paper pickup roller, paper feed roller, and friction pad with a soft damp cloth. After that, wipe them with a dry cloth to remove the moisture.

Let me know if you have any more questions. If you use the feeder, that would help with black lines as well. Let me know how it works out for you!

---

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

the lines and double image shows up whenever the feeder or the glass areas is used to make the copy

Try lowering the image density and cleaning the areas I mentioned then let me know if it changes.

changing the density setting doesn't change the problem

Thank you for trying that one. If the cleaning methods don't work either, I do have more things to try.

I have cleaned all the areas you said but I still have the problem

Great thank you! Can I have you print a blank page with nothing on the glass? Does the lines still show?

there are still a few vertical lines showing on the blank page but there is no double image showing

Based on this, it does sound like there is something more than cleaning that needs to be done. I am going to opt out so another tech who may have more knowledge with this.

Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert at JustAnswer. Please tell me whether the lines are down the copy its full length, and whether they are 'white' lines (i.e. missing ink/toner areas) or some other color, e.g. black, lines?

Also, whether they show up in photocopies (if your model can do photocopies) as well as prints from a computer, or only on photocopies, or only on prints run from a computer?

This didn't help to solve the problem. This is the same things that were in the pamphlet that came with the copier. It was a waste of time and money.

A few more questions need to be asked about the conditions of the copying fault, before I can pronounce an opinion. If you wish, I can pursue the case further and to a solution, I hope.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech