Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is not printing black color. Since yesterday. If…

Customer Question
My printer is not...

My printer is not printing black color

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if can i have the alignment and the cleaning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ink cartridges are fairly new

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.

What is the make/model of the printer?

hp envy7640

have you ran the headcleaning or allignment

i have
everything was fine i was working on it one then next day it didn't want to print black
are you there

remove all cartridges and check the copper tips and try to use a damp cloth and not wet cloth try to clean the contact points and shake the cartrdiges a bit and then install it and then print.

i will try to print again
it's printing gray
can i try a baby wipe to clean it

that would be a good idea

it not printing dark black
more like dark gray
i took out the color and left the black only and i tried printing again
and nothing printed

in the printer preferences under setting you can check with grey scale on put that off or uncheck and in colors all colors must be enabled.

where do i find those settings

open devices and printer from the windows search in the printers folder.

this is not working

do you want me to remote connect and check the settings and fix it for you?

what if it doesn't work
thank you i give up
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please