Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's showing there is an OxE5 error and I did the re install…

Customer Question
It's showing there is...

It's showing there is an OxE5 error and I did the re install but nothing, all was OK until it came up It is a WF3640 network

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epsom WF3640 network

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF3640?

First time 24th Nov kept telling to turn off/on which I did

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know how to...72 yr old dinosaur

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.