Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer. I bought a Dell135m printer. I cannot get it to…

Customer Question
Printer. I bought a Dell135m...
Printer. I bought a Dell135m printer. I cannot get it to print.The device is plugged in and will make photocopies.The house has two Windows 7 computers: a desktop and a laptop. The internet comes through a modem (I guess it is called that) which generates wifi signal. The modem is connected to a splitter through cable. Another cable out of the splitter goes to the desktop. The laptop uses wifi. Both computers have no problem getting internet.I plugged in the printer into the splitter with a cabke.On the desktop, when I go to Printers and Devices I can see the Dell135m printer.When I attempt to print from an application (notepad, browser, LibreOffice), it shows Dell135m as the printer. However, when I press print, a boz pops up that says Print to File. It asks for a name for the file I want to print to.How can I get it to print to the printer?On the laptop, I have no idea what to do. When I do a search for printers, nothing shows up. The laptop accesses wifi from the modem. It doesn't know there are another computer in the house or a printer.Is there a way to print from the laptop?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 4 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below reply box to post your response

Let me know when you are ready

ok
no remote assistance. Can't you just tell me?

please wait..

I shall connect you shortly

Still need an answer.

Are you available now

I am here, but I do not want to do remote connection. Can't you just tell me what to do?

I will offer you for just 12$. Are you ready for remote session

You know remote session will be much easier to find and resolve issue

If you are ready, please download and run secure tool from below link

Click here to download tool

Double click file after download to run tool

If you still don't want to use remote desktop, please let me know

I hope printer is connected via LAN cable..

Could you let me know the printer ip address

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

John, Computer Science Engineer