Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I tried all HP recommendations to allow me to print on HP…

Customer Question
I tried all HP...

I tried all HP recommendations to allow me to print on HP officejet pro 8600 after I loaded new print cartridges. Paperis loaded but I get a message after trying to print that the printer won't print and that I should load paper. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP officejet pro 8600

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The only message i get is the one mentioned already.Sure I can open the cartridge door

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. I just want the printer to work as it always has

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer too, and I wonder if you might not have the same problem that I have noticed. If your printer is not resting on a strong, flat, smooth surface, the surface that it is resting on can interfere with the action of the cassette paper tray so that it does not close ll the way. The remedy is to either slide the printer forward or backward on the surface or lift up on it to unweight it when sliding the cassette paper tray in so that it goes all the way in. Otherwise, the printer will not detect the paper.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.