Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to get my printer to work. I added my 3640 to my

Customer Question
Trying to get my...

Trying to get my printer to work. I added my 3640 to my laptop and I see it but I can't get it to print

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

By blue tooth

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

1 year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What operating system do you use?

windows 7

Do you get any errors when you try to print or nothing?

Can you please check if you have one of these updates installed?

KB4048957, KB4048960

where do I find that?

Go to control panel - Programs - View Installed updates

Or I can quickly connect to assist you?

The printer shows up connected to my network but will not print. It says malfunction printer: Scanner?

Please CLICK HERE and open the file

Are you still there?

Sorry, I waited and need to go offline now - I will opt out so that another expert can assist you.

Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Greetings!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today! One moment while I review the notes and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Would you like me to attempt to fix this over this chat or connect to your machine to take a look at it?

I'm still here and rewiewing updates
no updates for printer

Okay. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll be happy to help

I can likely get this to work, but would need to remote to the printer to avoid confusion during the setup process

I have already been charged 23.00 before I even talked to you.

Correct. That was the amount you "pledged" to put towards this to find an expert to help you fix the issue

did find update office printer KB2999508 10/17

I don't think that update will fix it. It just needs to be installed with the correct drivers