Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I replaced a printer cartridge and the printer stopped

Customer Question
I replaced a printer...

I replaced a printer cartridge and the printer stopped working. I turned it on and off. That did not help. Printer said to contact help center.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Only had the printer a few months. Have not updated drivers

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know the exact make and model of your printer?

Canon MX922. When I open the top to look at the cartridges they just sit there. Usually they are tucked away and slide over when I open the cover and slide back when I close it. Now they just sit there
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, we can try to reset the product and see if it works please follow the below steps:

1.Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2.Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.
3.Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
4.Disconnect the power cord from the product.
5.Wait 30 seconds.
6.Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
7.Reconnect the power cord to the product.
8.Press the Power button to turn on the product.
9.Reconnect the USB cable to the product.
10.Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

Let me know if it works.