Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother Intellifax 770. It is not letting me send…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother Intellifax 770. It is not letting me send faxes. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

The only thing we use it for is faxing, but I did make a regular phone call.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Last week.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Do you have a dedicated fax line?

I recommend that you connect your fax machine to your voice landline and see if you can send a fax on that line. This is only temporary for troubleshooting purposes.

If you can make a voice call on the fax line but cannot send a fax, the line quality is bad and needs to be repaired onsite at your home by a telephone technician. If you can send a fax on the voice line but not on the fax line, you need to contact your telephone company.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Whenever I go to send a fax, and I follow the instructions, I used to get SEND in the display, and the fax would go out. Now, however, the display reads Receive all the time, and I cannot send a fax. I will try your changing lines suggestion.

Roger that. Keep me posted.

Still no joy.

If you can send a fax on the voice line but not on the fax line, you need to contact your telephone company.

Still no joy. No, I cannot send a fax on the voice line ("no joy"). No matter what phone line I'm plugged in to, and both before and after I did the factory presets, I get the same result - when I follow the instructions to send, the display window on the unit shows receive.

You might have a bad telephone zip line. This is the flat cable that connects the fax machine or the telephone handset to the wall jack. Try another zip line. You can try a new one and also try one that works on your handset for two

Try another zip line. You can try a new one and also try one that works on your handset for two-way voice conversations.

Tried two other zip lines, two other phone jacks. No joy.
Still haven't heard back from you. Additional ideas?

Can you make voice calls (talking and listening) through the Brother handset?

As I mentioned before, I can make regular phone calls just fine.

Can you make and receive calls and talk and listen using the handset on the side of the Brother fax machine?

As I mentioned before, I can make regular phone calls just fine. From the Brother handset. Any phone line. Any cord.

It was not clear until now.

Since I am now clear that you can do this, please dial a fax line on the Brother machine and when you hear the fax tone through the Brother handset, press Start. I used to have a reliable Brother fax machine, a similar model to the one that you have, and this is another way to send a fax. Please let me know what happens.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.