Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a PIXMA TS6120, USE A MAC, how do I set up…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a PIXMA TS6120, USE A MAC, how do I set up wireless here at home??

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Mac is NORMAL-- I JUST BROUGHT BHOME a NEW PIXMA TS6120, and I need you to help me get connected wirelessly to my MAC.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, setup wireless on the printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168204

After setting up wireless on the printer, follow the instructions below.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. Restart the computer after installing the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1928?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downloaded.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>