Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 10-year old Ricoh Aficio SP C410. When you turn it…

Customer Question
I have a 10-year...

I have a 10-year old Ricoh Aficio SP C410. When you turn it on or send a print job, there is a mechanical grinding noise. It stops when the machine goes into standby mode or when the print job is done. I suspect a PCU unit although all four are relatively new. Noise started a week ago and PCU units and toner have been in the machine for months. I've tried pulling one of the four toner bottles or PCU units to see if the sound goes away but the machine won't run with one missing. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No error messages

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

New ones

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

A method or system to locate the problem. The grinding noise is loud enough that something will go wrong and then I'll be without a printer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 5 days by:
12/5/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.