Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My WorkForce 3620 communicates only sporadically with my Mac…

Customer Question
My WorkForce 3620 communicates...

My WorkForce 3620 communicates only sporadically with my Mac (OS 10.11.6) It hasn't worked now for two days. It prints from the computer and faxes OK. "Communication Error" Check is the computer is connected."

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your WorkForce: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Epson replaced my printer a few weeks ago because of a problem, so I haven't updated since.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

When the connection is dropped, what must you do to reconnect the printer to the system?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Connection is fine with printing and faxing. But it says there is no connection when I try to scan.

Are you attempting to make a scan from the computer itself or by pressing the buttons on the printer?

I've tried both without success.

What happens when you attempt to scan? Are you given any type of error message?

34;Communication Error. Check if the computer is connected."

What does it say when you attempt to scan from the computer?

In Settings, when I attempt to open the Scanner, it says "Waiting for scanner..." and it sticks there.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Sorry, but I have a home business and have an appointment that just arrived. I will have to continue this later.

I will be here.